Arts in Education
Who is the PTA Arts in Education Chair?
The Arts in Education Chair promotes artistic involvement within the PTA and bring the arts to the children at your school. Organize and facilitate participation in Texas PTA artistic programs such as Reflections.
Responsibilities of the Arts in Education Chair:
- Maintain a procedure book (traditional or electronic)
- Complete a and submit for approval by the Local PTA board
- Form a Committee
- Meet as a committee and set goals for the year
- Promote the National PTA Reflections program
- Download any Reflections forms, rules or guidelines
- Ensure your PTA is in “good standing” by October 15 to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging
- Use the fine arts in developing monthly PTA programs
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas
- Advocate for PTA positions and current legislation