Dear Membership Chair,
PTA would not be what it is without its strong group of members. As Membership Chair, your goal is to grow and strengthen this membership force. You have the important responsibility of finding creative ways to recruit parents, students, school administrators CommYOUnity members and leaders. Membership is year round, so look for opportunities around every corner including back to school night, PTA campaigns, school events, and more. If you have any questions throughout the year or have a success story to share, email me HERE.
Vice President Membership
Who is the Membership Chair?
The job of the Membership Chair is to organize the association’s membership, report and remit dues to Texas PTA, plan recruiting drives and implement member retention practices.
Duties at a Glance:
- Share why PTA is important to you and invite others to join your PTA.
- Ensure the Local Officer Information Form is submitted to Texas PTA.
- Submit your Membership Rosters and Dues to Texas PTA, within five days of members joining and by the end of each month. *Send Rosters and Dues to: Texas PTA 408 W. 11th St. Austin, TX 78701
- Publicize the vision, mission, priorities and benefits of membership in PTA.
- Promote programs available exclusively to PTA members like Reflections, Ready Set Achieve Programs and Scholarship Opportunities.
- Remind your members that they are also part of Texas and National PTA, the largest child advocacy organization in the nation.
- Complete a Plan of Work for the work of your committee. This alerts your Local PTA board of the committee as well as the dates, and resources to reach those goals.
- Know how membership dues are structured (Local Dues + State Dues + National Dues = Total Dues).
- Distribute membership cards to all members.
- Request additional membership cards.
- Thank your members for joining!
- Recognize outstanding members and PTA supporters locally or with Texas PTA Honorary Life Membership or Extended Service Awards.
- Celebrate your successes through social media and at meetings.
- Win Texas PTA Awards.