PTAs offer a variety of programs for parents, students and educators to empower them with knowledge and new skills, all while building a sense of community within the school.
- Work with outgoing Programs VP/Chair to review ongoing efforts and needed materials.
- Review the BASICS Programs Resource Guide for detailed support and best practices.
- Become familiar with Texas PTA's Ready. Set. Achieve! and KidsFirst programs.
- Learn more about PTA's National Standards for Family School Partnerships and the Schools of Excellence program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval.
- Sign the Texas PTA Ethics/Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the secretary.
- Complete both components of FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation before October 15.
Duties at a Glance
- Identify community needs by surveying families and school personnel.
- Evaluate existing programs and determine relevancy and future plans.
- Research program providers and/or ideas aligned with identified needs and goals.
- Adopt annual goals to increase family engagement using the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
- Provide year-round programming to establish the PTA's focus on family engagement, not only fundraising.
- Network with PTA Programs Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.
Share Your Success
One of the most valuable benefits of PTA is that our Leaders are part of a larger community who have the opportunity to network and share with one another. We know that PTAs across Texas are doing great things and we want to hear about each and every one of them! Submit your success story and be the Talk of Texas!