Support policies that reduce childhood obesity through education, healthy food choices, and physical activity.
Texas PTA is a member of The Partnership for a Healthy Texas (PFHT). With 50 participating organizations, the coalition develops and promotes state policies that prevent and combat obesity in Texas.
The Partnership for a Healthy Texas works to:
- Encourage collaboration among parties interested in policy change to reduce obesity.
- Inform and educate policymakers about the consequences of obesity.
- Promote evidence-based obesity reduction strategies in policymaking.
- Disseminate policy information and resources to stakeholders interested in obesity prevention.
Texas PTA will support legislation to:
- Ensure all Texas children have access to a well-rounded education which includes recess, physical education, and instruction on health.
- Eliminate food insecurity exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic; increase Texans’ access to healthy foods and decrease their risk of obesity.
- Maintain and strengthen Texas’ current public infrastructure to address obesity.