Tips For Hosting a Successful Program
Outlining a promotion plan is the first step to success!
Ways to promote your event:
- Share calendar event invite with anticipated guest list and/or add to school calendar
- Generate fliers
- List on your school and/or PTA website
- Social media; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, chats/blogs, etc.
- Bulletin board announcement
- Promote at local meetings or events leading up to your presentation date
- Parent pick-up line announcement board
- Sidewalk chalk messages
- Email blasts (every two weeks beginning 6 weeks out)
- PTA/school Newsletter
- Get sponsors or other schools to cross promote and create win-win incentives; i.e. meal with presentation, prize give-a-way, etc.
- School Marquee announcement
- Contact local newspaper/radio/tv for press release and list as a community service announcement
- Word of mouth and phone canvasing
Remember when creating content about your event, your goal is to persuade and generate a response!
- Make it special
- Use terms like “only” (example: This presentation will only be offered once this year!)
- Stress the benefits and associate value to attending
- Continuing education credit for teachers!
- Improve communication with students/kids/peers
- Keep current on trends
- Repetition and frequence
- Social media can be used more frequently than email promotion
- Quality matters
- Color selections
- Minimize overly wordy announcements