Call to Texas PTA 2017 Annual Meeting
Friday, July 21 @ 3:30 PM
Hilton Americas Hotel
Houston, Texas 77010
Annual Meeting Business Items
- Consideration of legislative positions recommended for reaffirmation or retirement
- Other business that may properly come before the assembly
Your voice is needed and your opinion matters. All voting delegates will have an opportunity to vote on business items brought before the annual meeting. Please remember to review the Policy on Local PTA Credential Card Distribution to confirm your voting delegate status.
Voting Credential Distribution
As stipulated in Texas PTA’s bylaws, eligible attendees of the Annual Meeting may serve as voting delegates. Texas PTA will assign voting badges according to the policy below.
- Review the Local PTA Voting Credential Roster to determine your PTA's number of voting credentials.
- Determine if your number of attendees exceeds the number of voting credentials allowed or if your Local PTA will designate specific attendees as voting delegates.
- View and complete the voting delegate roster for your PTA.
Legislative Positions for Consideration
The Texas PTA Board of Directors recommends that the following legislative positions be reaffirmed by the delegates during the annual meeting:
- F.12. School Finance Education. Texas PTA supports mandatory education of school finance system and formulas for state legislators.
- G.12. Local Control. PTA supports local control for school districts.
- S.12. Missing Children. Texas PTA supports stronger penalties for neglecting to report a missing child or for providing a false report or information on a missing child.
The above legislative positions will be considered in a single motion. At the time of the motion, a delegate may request to remove one or more of the legislative positions for individual consideration.