Saturday, August 8, 2020
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Central Academic Building, Auditorium
One University Way, San Antonio, TX 78224
The RSVP window is now closed. Thank you for supporting Reflections!
We are fortunate to still have the chance to celebrate our 2019-2020 student artists at A&M San Antonio on August 8, 2020. Below is an outline of Texas PTA's Health and Safety Plan for that day.
The new ceremony times are determined by student last name.
- Last name begins with A – G: Ceremony begins at 10:30 am
- Last name begins with H – O: Ceremony begins at 1:00 pm
- Last name begins with P – Z: Ceremony begins at 3:30 pm
When you arrive, please follow the campus directional signs towards LOT #2 and the Central Academic Building Auditorium. Once you reach LOT #2, follow the temporary signs for drive-thru check-in. During check-in, you will be given your numbered parking space and shown where to park. Your family will remain in the car until it is your turn to enter the building.
Depending on the current city regulations as of August 8, there may be a health screening questionnaire that could include a temperature check. This would be administered by A&M San Antonio staff.
When entering the building:
1. Families will be ushered into the building at a steady rate, not to exceed 65 people inside at a time.
2. Masks will be required for all attendees, staff, and volunteers.
3. Doors will be propped open for contactless entry and exit.
4. Families will stay together until it is time for their student/students to make their way on stage.
5. Everyone will remain standing. Families will walk along the middle of the auditorium to stand center with the stage.
6. The awarded student/students will walk across the stage while their family is watching from the audience.
7. The student/students will pause for pictures with the Texas PTA President center stage, then reunite with their family on the other side.
8. Families will wait their turn to exit the auditorium. There will be another photo opportunity in the lobby.
While the ceremony format is different this year, we believe it will still give each student their special moment to walk across the stage and be recognized for their achievement.
Texas PTA intends to send families another email with better timeframes to plan your morning or afternoon. Please watch your inbox. An online gallery showcasing the awarded Reflections entries will also be available for you to preview while waiting in your car.
Thank you for your patience during these adjustments.
Stay in San Antonio via Visit San Antonio
After a day of exploring what’s new, rediscovering what’s old, and making unforgettable memories, take comfort in knowing you have a great place to stay. From modern luxury in the heart of downtown, to family-friendly resorts on the city’s outer edge, to quaint bed and breakfasts, San Antonio has just the place. So, stay awhile. Explore our offerings in hotels – luxury and family-friendly, resorts and spas, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds and ranches.
Parking and Driving Directions
Please follow posted signs and the downloadable campus map to park in LOT #2. This parking lot is located next to the auditorium and will be free of charge. No permit is required on the weekends.
San Antonio is bursting with fresh new attractions for visitors of all ages, a dynamic art scene, and one-of-a-kind chef-driven culinary experiences coupled with history and heritage around every corner. Come and experience the new energy and excitement that awaits you in San Antonio.