Communicating is any act by which a person gives or receives information through verbal, non-verbal, or written communication. Your PTA can flourish when effective communication helps achieve the association's objectives.
The communication chair is responsible for ensuring that your members, families, school community, and beyond know what your PTA is doing. This includes marketing the PTA and telling the PTA story, informing of events and meetings, and ensuring that the community is aware of the advocacy work of the PTA at the local level as well as by Texas PTA and National PTA.
- Work with the outgoing person in your position to obtain anything that can help you perform your duties.
- Review the Resource Guide and webinar for detailed support and best practices.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit it to the Executive Board for approval. View example from the Communications Resource Guide.
- Ensure your PTA is enrolled in JoinPTA.org and that all profile information is accurate.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit it to the secretary.
- Complete mandatory FOUNDATIONS trainings including Essentials within 30 days of election or appointment.