PTAs offer a variety of programs for parents, students and educators to empower them with knowledge and new skills, all while building a sense of community within the school.
- Work with outgoing Programs VP/Chair to review ongoing efforts and needed materials.
- Although BASICS Programs is no longer offered, the most recent resource guide (2015) contains detailed information and best practices.
- Become familiar with Texas PTA's Ready. Set. Achieve! and KidsFirst programs.
- Learn more about PTA's National Standards for Family School Partnerships and the Schools of Excellence program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the secretary.
- Complete both components of FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation before October 15.
Duties at a Glance
- Identify community needs by surveying families and school personnel.
- Evaluate existing programs and determine relevancy and future plans.
- Research program providers and/or ideas aligned with identified needs and goals.
- Adopt annual goals to increase family engagement using the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
- Provide year-round programming to establish the PTA's focus on family engagement, not only fundraising.
- Network with PTA Programs Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.