Arts in Education is a long-standing priority for PTA, and working to incorporate the arts into daily learning contributes to the growth and education of the whole child.
- Register as an executive board member with Texas PTA within 15 days of election or appointment.
- Complete mandatory training within 30 days of election or appointment.
- Meet with the outgoing arts in education VP/chair to obtain their procedure manual and history of the role.
- Join your PTA.
- Review your PTA’s Bylaws and Standing Rules (if applicable)
- Review the Basics Arts in Education Resource Guide for detailed support and best practices.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval. View a Sample Plan of Work: English | Spanish.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the Secretary.
- Ensure your PTA attains Active Status with Texas PTA by October 31 each year to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging.
- Ensure that your PTA supports access to the arts year-round by identifying monthly arts-related activities.
- Develop a plan to promote the Reflections program and recognize eligible, participating students.
- Educate families and school community members on the impact of arts on students and their education.
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas.
- Network with community PTA arts in education leaders to collaborate on common goals.