Arts in Education is a long-standing priority for PTA, and working to incorporate the arts into daily learning contributes to growth and education of the whole child.
- Work with outgoing Arts in Education VP/Chair to review ongoing efforts and needed materials.
- Review the Basics Arts in Education Resource Guide for detailed support and best practices.
- Become familiar with program requirements and guidelines of the Reflections program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval. View a Sample Plan of Work.
- Subscribe to Texas PTA's Arts in Education newsletter, The Review.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the Secretary.
- Complete all mandatory FOUNDATIONS trainings within 30 days of election or appointment.
Duties at a Glance
- Ensure that your PTA is supporting access to the arts, year-round, by identifying monthly arts-related activities.
- Develop a plan to promote the Reflections program and recognize eligible, participating students.
- Ensure your PTA attains Active Status with Texas PTA by October 31 each year to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging.
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas.
- Network with PTA Arts in Education Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.