Arts in Education is a long-standing priority for PTA, and working to incorporate the arts into daily learning contributes to growth and education of the whole child.
- Work with outgoing Arts in Education VP/Chair to review ongoing efforts and needed materials.
- Review the BASICS Arts in Education Resource Guide for detailed support and best practices.
- Become familiar with program requirements and guidelines of the Reflections program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to the Executive Board for approval. View a Sample Plan of Work.
- Subscribe to Texas PTA's Arts in Education newsletter, The Review.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to the Secretary.
- Complete all mandatory FOUNDATIONS trainings before October 15.
Duties at a Glance
- Ensure that your PTA is supporting access to the arts, year-round, by identifying monthly arts-related activities.
- Develop a plan to promote the Reflections program and recognize eligible, participating students.
- Ensure your PTA attains Active Status with Texas PTA by October 31 each year to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging.
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas.
- Network with PTA Arts in Education Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.
View the BASICS Arts in Education webinar here.
Download the BASICS Arts in Education Resource Guide 2020-2021
Hard copies available through the Texas PTA Store.